Has it really been 2 years since I started this blog? I almost forgot that the TransientSky’s birthday is today, September 10.
The idea to do a blog had been in the back of my mind for quite awhile. It finally took the surprise activity of the September Perseids on the night of September 8/9, 2008 to push me to set it up.
Some fun facts about the past two years:
- the Transient Sky was viewed over 336,000 times (162,000 times in the past year)
- 446 posts were made (192 in the past year)
- over 2147 comments were written (1004 in the past year)
- the first post on 2008 Sept 10 was about the unexpected outburst of the September Perseids
- the busiest day was 2010 August 12 when 4,663 people visited to read about this year’s Perseids meteor shower
(Spanish: Muchas felicitaciones amigo¡¡¡)
is a great work¡¡¡¡
congrats on the blog’s birthday!
Keep the good work coming!
Salvador and Fred,
Thanks for the words of support! And thanks for reading!
I look forward to many more years of your observations.
hi great work ,,,do you have any news on visible upcoming comets late 2010 or 2011?????????
Yes, in fact there is a comet that should be a bright binocular object in October and November. I will be posting a something new on this comet, 103P/Hartley 2, in the next few days.
Next summer, Comet C/2009 P1 (Garradd) will be bright enough for small telescope or binocular observing. It may remain bright for almost a year.
Comments are closed.